Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Birthday


Last week we celebrated Justin's birthday. It was a big one...25! Justin was out of town the week before his birthday so I took advantage of my extra time and finally made him an ice cream cake. It was a disaster. Every step of the way something went wrong. I thought I could freeze individual layers of ice cream and that didn't work. When I baked the cake it fell apart. The best part and the only part I didn't have trouble with was the vanilla cookie caramel crust! Ice cream frosting is way harder to work with than I expected. It ended up melting all over and not looking at all pretty. All in all it turned out well and tasted good but there is lots of room for improvement. Darn I guess I will have to make another one so I can improve.
I was going to top the cake with rainbow sprinkles and forgot. When we left Justin's mom's house it had rained and there was a full double rainbow! It was gorgeous, the best I think I've ever seen. I tried to get a picture but I just could not capture it's beauty.
Happy Birthday Justin!

1 comment:

MAK said...

I can't belive I didn't get any! Maybe you and I should get together to try and improve that cake.
I took pictures of that rainbow too with now luck. I thought it was because I was useing someone elses camera but know I don't think so. It was fabuluse!