Saturday, February 26, 2011

M-i-s-s-i-s-s-i-p-p-i

I think everyone knows that last September I went to Mississippi for work. It was was fun, frustrating, a lot of work, and wonderful. I'm glad I was able to have the opportunity. Here are a few pictures. I flew into Mobile, Alabama Wednesday (what a long day)so I could be to a meeting Thursday afternoon. That gave me most of Thursday to explore. I decided to go to the USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park. It was very cool. All around the park they had airplanes and tanks on display. They also had memorials for various things. The entire battleship is open for exploration and I think I saw every inch possible. I saw the engine room, mess hall, barbershop, laundry room, every thing you can think of. I went up and down the towers and even hit my arm and got a huge bruise that was still visible when I got home to Idaho a week later. Surprisingly my explorations didn't take up all my time so I went downtown and saw a cathedral which was beautiful and took the picture of the building among the trees. I have no idea what building it was but I couldn't resist the photo opp.
I went to my meeting and dinner then drove about an hour to Mississippi so I could get to work Friday. I wasn't a lot of help Friday as they hadn't converted yet but it was very fun to see how the old bank worked. Saturday we did some work but lucky for me the branch was closed so I got to play again. Sunday afternoon I went to the beach! Not many other people were there since it was Almost October but coming from Idaho it was plenty warm for me. After I left it began to pour but I loved it since we don't get big storms in Idaho. I also enjoyed the humidity while I was there.
As you can see my room was more like a small apartment but it was nice to have some space since I was there for a week. The next week was crazy. The tellers did a great job and I cant believe how patient the customers were with the conversion. There were times I felt like I couldn't do anything (I wasn't allowed in cash or onto a computer to process transactions)but hopefully I did something good. I know that I learned a lot about my own job!
The food was AMAZING! The second to last picture is of a place called "The Shed" and is really that. You go order at a counter and wait for your food then you find a place to sit. It was possibly the best BBQ I ate while I was there. The last picture if of what I call "pineapple trees" that were all over.
I flew out Saturday morning and had another extremely long day of flying. It was a wonderful experience and I'm glad I did it. Enjoy the show.

3 comments:

Mary said...

THat is really cool. Glad you had the experience. and glad you shared with me!

Hokie said...

Wow, nice pics and nice "apartment"...also glad you shared.

KmillS said...

Hokie, do you disagree it was like an apartment?