Monday, January 10, 2011

December

What a month. I had an amazing December. I know we're a third of the way through January already but I just have to talk about December. Mom came out for my birthday at the beginning of the month. It was so nice to have mom here with me! We did a lot of shopping and . . . I don't remember what else. The day before my birthday a sweet little kitty came to our house, and she has stayed and worked her way into our family. It was a nice birthday surprise since all my presents this year were combined with Christmas, but I cant complain . . . but more about that in a bit.
Justin went to New York the week after my birthday which was a little disappointing. I wanted to go with him, but it was a push at work to get the three days off when mom came. I got a lot of shopping done while Justin was gone so that was good. I even got things mailed out before the 15th!
Justin got back and we had one week before Christmas. It was super hard to convince Justin that he was going to have a good Christmas since his present was to big to put under the tree and it was hiding in the closet. He guessed the packages under the tree were t-shirts and was a little disappointed. He ended up loving his ice auger and has had a lot of fun fishing with it this month.
As for me, I couldn't have asked for more! There was a big box under the tree for me at the very beginning of the month. I was super excited and confused because the only thing I could think would be that big, would have been much more heavy. I was very intrigued. Well the weekend after my birthday it got returned. Justin promised that it would all make sense, but I was very confused. Well it turns out that he and mom had bought me the same thing . . . a BOSCH! It has been such a help, I was able to make an actual batch of cookies and I love grating cheese. I also got the serveware set I had my eye on from Justin's mom and since Justin had to find me a new present he got me a Cricut! I'm not sure what to do with it yet, but I'm really excited to use it.
This year hasn't been fabulous so far, but I know it will end up being a good year. January is a bad month at work, but we have a lot of fun things planned and ideas for other fun things we want to do.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so excited for you. Yeah Bosch! You can cut veggies for soup and make smoothies too! Enjoy your toys while he's out Ice-fishing. yeah for him too.

Hokie said...

Exciting, glad you shared. :)