Sunday, November 28, 2010

Chocolate

The last few years Justin and I have made Chocolate Pancakes with Chocolate Syrup the first snow of the year. Although we already have a foot of snow, today we finally got around to the chocolate part of they season. We used mom's syrup recipe but found a waffle recipe in a catalog that we tried. It turned out really good, and there was no guessing! Justin made a comment about needing caramel, and it just so happened that we had some caramel kisses. We figured out that one in the middle would melt while we ate the edges and made for a perfect last bite. I would suggest you have milk on hand of you are going to make these. Enjoy!

Chocolate Waffles

1 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 large eggs, separated
2 cups whole milk
4 Tbsp canola oil
1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips

Mix the dry ingredients together. Mix egg yolk, milk and oil together then add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. (I didn't mix those separately.) In a separate bowl beat the egg white until it forms soft peaks. (I don't know if this made a difference.) Fold into batter and mix in chocolate chips. Cook in a waffle iron.


Mom's Syrup
4 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp cornsatrch
3 Tbsp cocoa
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup water
6 large marshmellos
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

I melted the butter and added the coco and cornstarch mixed together. After those were mixed i added in the other ingredients and mixed until the marshmallows were melted.

2 comments:

Mary said...

That sounds so good, thank you for sharing!

MAK said...

Mmm Carmel!