The plants sat on our back step in Pocatello for a month till we moved. They then sat on our front porch here for another month or so. All the plants were getting kind of sad looking. Finally one weekend we went and bought pots and soil, and then I planted them. I put a tomato plant in the middle of each pot, and then the snapdragons and pansies around them, filling in the extra space with the alyssum. I was a little skeptical if they would grow but wanted to try. The flowers died off while it was hot, but have come back up now that it’s cooler. I now have a ton of tomatoes. The tomato plants have gotten huge and have taken up half of our walkway. They hang over the sides of the porch. Every day or so I pull off a handful of tomatoes and eat them. We pinched off all the buds a few weeks ago thinking it was getting cold and they wouldn’t make it, but we have more buds now. It will be really nice to see how they end up. I am really looking forward to next year and hope to have a small garden and lots of vegetables!
10 years ago



3 comments:
So Laura you were right. It was saved. I still ended up writing a new one but now I know!
I love watching plants grow. It's like magic. Or a little miracle. I'm excited for you and also can't wait to see what next year brings in the garden.
Glad you found it, I am jealous of the tomatos.
Post a Comment