Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring


Last Tuesday was the first day of spring. It didnt seem like it at first. Sunday before spring began, as we left the chapel we noticed it had snowed at least an inch. Everything was covered with snow. There was no sign of a storm an hour before when we went to church. It snowed on and off all day but it mostly melted the same day. When I took Justin to the airport on Monday morning it was snowing again, and another inch fell. I was nervous when my flowers started to bloom but I know they can stand it. I am really excited that these bloomed.


We planted the "leftover" bulbs at the end of last year. I figured it couldn't hurt if they didn't grow and if they did it would be better than not planting them. If they didn't grow oh well. It will be interesting to see what they look like in bloom. I wish we had gotten more snow this year, but it is time for spring. The last few days I have been enjoying the nice weather. Over the last week we have gone on a walk, ridden our bikes and flown kites. This morning I went "running" with some neighbors. I loved being outside in the fresh air.

2 comments:

MAK said...

Yep. I'm feeling the same way about the snow and spring. I'm also trying not worry about it getting to hot this summer.

KmillS said...

I am a little worried about summer being really hot too. Mostly being motivated to workout when its hot. I guess I'll get a big fan.