Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting

Of course everyone knows what day it is. I woke up and got ready for the day. I went next door the the elementary school to vote. Of course that wasn't the right place though. So I got a phone number to call to find out where the right place was. I dialed, and it rang and then there was silence. I looked at the phone and realized that it had hung up, so I tried the same thing again. Well sadly I got hung up on again. The third time was the charm though and I got through. I actually found the correct place quite quickly and thankfully for double driveways I didn't even have to turn around. Of course the polling place was very small, and a little smelly but I didn't have to wait in any lines. I went and had to register (sorry mom I should have listened) filling out my maiden name, and Missouri address. I then go to listen to a recording on how to properly punch holes and check for any hanging chad. I even voted correctly, I only voted for one presidential candidate unlike the last election where some how I managed to vote for both parties. I really think that here the booklets were written differently, and much more simple. I went to turn in my ballot, and this little old lady shouted out that I had voted and gave me a sticker. I don't know if they are supposed to shout it out, but It is official, I VOTED!

2 comments:

MAK said...

They have always dune that for me except this year they didn't. Infact I didn't even see them put my ballet in the box and know that I think about it thats probly not good.

Hokie said...

Great story, I love the part where the lady shouted out. And I like the new backgrounds, I really should learn to do something so mine is prettier.